Evoluent VerticalMouse 4 Small
Part no: VM4S (wired right hand only; no left hand version)
Avoids forearm twisting for comfort and good health*
The patented shape supports your hand in an upright neutral posture that generally avoids forearm twisting. Many users, including medical doctors, ergonomists and physical therapists, said the Evoluent VerticalMouse provides superior comfort and even relieved their wrist pain.*
Comfortable and easy to use
The shape is thoughtfully sculpted for uncompromised comfort and easy-to-reach programmable buttons. No finger contortions are needed to operate the buttons.
Improved thumb rest
The thumb rest has been reshaped to provide even more comfort over earlier versions.
Now two thumb buttons
A new bottom thumb button provides greatly extended functionality when used with the included driver.
Extended lip prevents rubbing
An extra wide lip along the bottom edge prevents the last finger from rubbing the desk.
Adjustable laser sensor
Pointer speed controls on the side allow convenient adjustment without even releasing your grip from the mouse.
Pointer speed indicators
Top mounted LEDs show through the chrome thumb rest to indicate selected pointer speed including extra low (XL), low (LO), MD (medium), to high (HI).
Lighted Evoluent logo
The logo is pure eye candy. The illumination turns off when the system is in sleep mode to conserve notebook battery power
Powerful and intuitive driver
Evoluent Mouse Manager for Windows provides extensive but easy to use functionality for 6 buttons through a simple and intuitive interface.
Approved mouse of
University of California at Berkeley
The Evoluent VerticalMouse 2 (an earlier model identical in concept) was evaluated in 2007 by a team at the health services clinic in UC Berkeley, including medical doctors, physical therapists, ergonomists, and administrators. It was found to be comfortable, easily adapted to, and promote a neutral wrist and forearm posture. It was the only vertical type mouse approved for staff use within UC Berkeley and for sale in the campus store at that time.
▪ Includes driver for Windows XP, Vista and Win 7 in 32/64 bit for programming all 6 buttons. The driver is not required. The VerticalMouse 4 still has basic functionality without it.
▪ Freeware driver for other Windows versions
▪ USB only; not compatible with PS2 adapters. May be compatible with some USB KVM switches but it is not guaranteed
▪ Basic functionality in OS X or newer without a driver: A Mac driver is coming in mid 2011.
▪ Shareware drivers are available for programming the buttons.
▪ Basic functionality without a driver.
▪ Compatibility unknown