Cisco Nexus 3548-X and 3524-X Switches
The Cisco Nexus 3548-X and 3524-X Switches (Figure 4) are the next generation of the Cisco Nexus 3500 platform. Like the previous generation, these switches are compact 1RU form-factor 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches and provide line-rate Layer 2 and 3 switching with ultra-low latency. In addition, they consume 25 percent less power. This new generation introduces powerful hardware-based multicast NAT and latency monitoring capabilities and a second USB port for easier manageability.
The Cisco Nexus 3548-X and 3524-X have the following hardware configuration:
● 48 fixed SFP+ ports (1 or 10 Gbps); the Cisco Nexus 3524-X enables only 24 ports
● Dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies
● Four individual redundant hot-swappable fans
● One 1-PPS timing port, with the RF1.0/2.3 QuickConnect connector type*
● One 10/100/1000 management port
● One RS-232 serial console port
● Two USB ports
● Locator LED
● Locator LED button
Support for both port-side exhaust and port-side intake airflow schemes is available. Port-side exhaust airflow is useful when the port side of the switch sits on a hot aisle and the power supply side sits on a cold aisle. Port-side intake airflow is useful when the power supply side of the switch sits on a hot aisle and the port side sits on a cold aisle.