The Atlona AT-UHD-EX-100CEA-KIT is an HDBaseT transmitter/receiver kit for HDMI transmission up to 330 feet (100 meters) over category cable with Ethernet pass through, RS-232 and IR control, Power over Ethernet, and optical audio from receiver to transmitter. This extender kit transmits video signals up to 4K/UHD @ 60Hz, 8-bit color, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling with embedded multi-channel audio and remote 48V power for the receiver. A digital audio pathway returning back across the HDBaseT link from a smart TV to an AVR routes multi-channel audio using TOSLINK optical connectors. Additionally, the kit extends Ethernet, RS-232, and 12 volt-based IR control commands. The kit is HDCP 2.2 compliant and supports EDID communication. Both transmitter and receiver feature one-third rack width metal enclosures for easy rack mounting with rear panel I/O ports for uncluttered wire management.
The Premium Extender for Residential Systems
The AT-UHD-EX-100CEA-KIT is a premium HDBaseT extender pair for residential systems that require audio from the TV to be amplified by an AVR near the set top box located at some distance from the TV. Return audio may be any audio signal including Dolby or DTS up to 5.1 (based on limitations of optical audio standard). The kit utilizes HDBaseT technology specifically designed to support audio extension based on HDBaseT 2.0 compared with some other solutions which use HDBaseT control channels to transmit return audio which may cause latency or quality issues.
The AT-UHD-EX-100CEA-KIT is ideal for use in residential installations with AVRs and STBs located in a separate area from the TV at longer distances than HDMI cables can support. The receiver to transmitter audio pathway supports digital audio from:
- 4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports 4K HDR10 @ 24 Hz (4:2:0 chroma subsampling, 10-bit color)
- HDBaseTTM extender kit for HDMI®, Ethernet, power, and control up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Receiver to transmitter digital audio pathway
- Receiver powered by transmitter via PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Extends RS-232, IR, CEC, and Ethernet control signals over HDBaseT
- Multi-channel audio compliant for all PCM, Dolby®, and DTS® formats